Defendant was upset that the victim got a position in the liquor store, an easier cash register, so she shot her…

OSHKOSH — The woman accused of shooting her Walmart coworker was upset the victim was moved to an easier job in the liquor department, court documents reveal.

The possible motive and other details of the shooting Wednesday inside the Neenah store were laid out in a criminal complaint filed Monday in Winnebago County Court against Justine Boyd. The 46-year-old Greenville woman, who is charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide, appeared in court Monday for a bond hearing that was postponed until today so Boyd could apply for a court-appointed attorney.

“It appears to be, from all evidence I’ve seen, an isolated incident between these two regarding what looks like a dispute over positions at the Walmart,” said Scott Ceman, Winnebago County deputy district attorney. “There’s evidence that the defendant was upset that the victim got a position in the liquor store, an easier cash register.”

The victim, Sharon Goffard, 56, of Neenah, was lying behind a counter, soaked in blood and slipping in and out of consciousness when police arrived after the shooting about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday, but responded, “Justine, Justine,” when asked who had shot her.

Another employee told officer Jacob Saari that Justine was Justine Boyd, a coworker who had returned to her cash register and resumed working after shooting Goffard with a handgun, the criminal complaint says.

When two Neenah police officers arrested Boyd inside the store, they found she had a cocked and loaded Sig Sauer semi-automatic handgun in the right front pocket of her shirt. They also discovered a loaded Taurus Rossi .38 Special revolver in Boyd’s bag, as well as additional ammunition for both guns in the bag and shirt pockets.

Boyd’s husband told investigators his wife had asked him, “How many times should you shoot someone if you want to take them down,” and he told her, “Two in the chest and one in the head.”

Ceman said he is seeking a $1 million bond for Boyd to protect the public.

Goffard remained in critical condition at Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah. Goffard’s boyfriend told an investigator that she had recently told him that Boyd was upset with her for moving to the liquor store position.

Police say a Walmart manager told them the shooting occurred after Goffard had asked for relief so she could go on break, and a manager asked Boyd to cover for her. Boyd said she had to go to the bathroom, and the manager heard the shot shortly after Boyd had returned.

Comments are closed.